The YMCA of the Coosa Valley is much more than a gym. It’s activity center, philanthropy, child care facility, and most importantly a member of your community. We strive to offer our members the most for their membership and that includes the peace of mind of giving back to our community. Your membership at the YMCA of the Coosa Valley makes you a good steward of health, youth development, and social responsibility. And it comes with a great fitness center as well!
The YMCA of the Coosa Valley believes that members’ of our community should not be turned away due to financial instability. Thanks to donors throughout our community, we are able to assist families in paying for memberships and programs throughout the year. If you would like to fill out an application for financial assistance, click on the link below. After you have filled it out, please call 211 or (256) 546-4357 to make an appointment. DO NOT RETURN THE APPLICATION TO THE YMCA. TAKE IT WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
HOURS OF OPERATION
F 5AM– 7PM (8PM SPRING AND SUMMER)
Mon- Thurs 4:30PM-8PM
WELCOME CENTER WILL PROCESS ALL TRANSACTIONS:
RATES: NO CONTRACTS EVER!!!
MAKE SURE TO ASK ABOUT OUR CORPORATE RATES WHEN YOU COME BY THE Y.
IF YOU NEED THE Y AND CANNOT AFFORD OUR RATES PLEASE ASK ABOUT OUR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
The Coosa Valley YMCA is a non-profit organization open to all who wish to become members and are supportive of our mission.YMCA MEMBERSHIP:
- Anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is over the age of 18 and a member.
- When applying for membership, the applicant agrees to abide by the policies, rules, and regulations of the association and assumes responsibility for each of their family members. An application for membership must be completed with all the requested information in order to be processed.
- Falsification of information will void an application or cause a membership to be terminated. Membership privileges may be denied, suspended, or terminated in the best interest of the safety and sanctity of the YMCA or as a result of conduct unbecoming of a member or for violation of rules, policies or procedures of the association.
- Ages 3 months-11yrs are allowed into childcare for a maximum of 2 hours. Parent must remain in the facility and child must be an active member.
- Members may pay for membership on a monthly, quarterly,
- or annual basis.
- Monthly memberships will be paid by bank draft. The draft will be deducted from your checking account on a continued monthly plan. Your account will be drafted on the 10th or the 20th of each month. A returned bank draft will cause your account to be charged a $30 fee.
- A cancellation form must be filled out and turned into the front desk. Membership will continue until you notify the YMCA.
- Annual and semi-annual memberships are non-refundable.
- Membership cards must be returned to the YMCA upon membership cancellation.
THE YMCA OF THE COOSA VALLEY HONORS THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATIONS MEMBERSHIPS FOR DEPLOYED FAMILIES, RESERVISTS AND NATIONAL GUARD.
ALL VETERANS AND MILITARY PERSONELL WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT ON MEMBERSHIP. ASK THE DESK FOR DETAILS.
PLEASE ASK THE FRONT DESK FOR INFORMATION
WE CAN DESIGN A WELLNESS PLAN FOR YOUR COMPANY
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL
Melia West – MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
The YMCA of the Coosa Valley believes that members of our community should not be turned away due to financial instability. Thanks to donors throughout the community, we are able to assist families in paying for a membership and/or programs throughout the year.
For more information about scholarship assistance for membership and/or Y programs, call the front desk at (256) 547-4947 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim lessons are offered all year for ages 3 and up. We also have a Mom and Tot swim class ages 6 mos -3 years old. Call for more details and ask for Melia West :
We offer sessions to certify or recertify to lifegurard.
Cost are $225 to certify and $100 to recertify
For more information, call Jim Bogle (256) 390-7031
Being a lifeguard can be a very challenging and rewarding job. The purpose of this class is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drownings and injuries. This class will certify you to be a lifeguard for the American Red Cross.
- Bible Studies – Mixed group Mondays at 9am – Men’s Thursdays at 7:30am
- Toastmasters – Gadsden Speakers Thursdays at 6:30pm
- Gadsden Runner Club – Meetings 1st Tuesday 5:30pm Group Runs Ladies Thursday nights 6pm